Sunday, August 26, 2012

Waiting is Seeking

Musings on Psalms 62-63

"My soul, wait only upon God; for my expectation is from Him." (62:5)

"O God, You are my God; early will I seek You: my soul thirsts for You, my flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is." (63:1)

One strikingly powerful facet of imperfection is impatience. If anyone knows this all too well, I do. I HATE waiting...I hate it like cows hate the slaughterhouse. But, God has been teaching me recently that waiting is not only an vital discipline but also a way to draw closer to the Savior's heart. When the angst of waiting for God to work overwhelms me, I am forced closer to Him in prayer...and I can rest assured that He understands exactly how I feel.

Waiting makes us thirsty. When we are thirsty, we set out on a search for pure water. And God leads us to the Source of Living Water! Incredible.

Waiting is not sitting by, doing nothing. It is actively, consistently, sincerely seeking the face of God. Waiting is not doubting and dawdling...it is hoping expectantly and working to serve in every way we are able at present.

Seeking God is waiting God's time and revelation.

And waiting? Waiting in itself is seeking the only One worth waiting for.


No comments:

Post a Comment