Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Only a Thought for Now..

Musings on Unity

Sometimes I find that all I can say is what is nagging my heart. This week, much has been on my mind. But, my thoughts keep returning to this one word: unity.

What does it mean when the Lord Jesus prays in the garden that all who follow Him will be one, as He and the Father are one? What does it mean to be of one mind? What is true unity as I find in God's Word?

As I begin looking into the meaning and significance of Christian unity, I am finding four representations that require much more study and meditation than that of one day.

First, unity in the family of God (brotherhood and sisterhood). Second, unity in covenant marriage. Third, unity in service and suffering. Fourth, unity in the Godhead.

I hope that as I keep learning about what the Scripture means to be one with others in these God-honoring ways, I will also learn what it means to unite body, mind, soul, and spirit for the purpose of glorifying Him.

As the week goes on, I pray God will teach us all what we need most to hear and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment