Sunday, September 2, 2012

He Still Satisfies

Well, the day finally arrived. It came and went. I left the country for the city, family for friends, boredom for busyness. There's a peacefulness of routine here--hustle and bustle to fill my empty days. But, I pray I will never lose the blessing of quiet.

Walking down country roads early in the morning while the dew is still fresh on the fields is nothing less than breathtaking. God is so real, so present, so all-consuming. But, here in the noise and the mayhem, He is still very real..still so very present, and I pray I'll never miss that.

I cannot stop thinking about that verse I was musing on a week or so ago...it never leaves my mind. Psalm 107: 9..."For He satisfies the longing soul, and He fills the hungry soul with goodness." My soul will never stop longing for something somewhere else...I am born expected to experience angst and unrest and some degree of emotional upheaval. My soul will always be hungry for something more.

Praise God, He is where I find it..HE is where I find all that satisfies me. To all my reader friends out there, if the mental exhaustion of classes and career seem to start stealing my peace and joy, please remind me of this. If my failures and mistakes and imperfections seem to be overwhelming my ability to love and serve, please remind me again. HE satisfies...HE fills.

This switch in speeds of life can be scary and beautiful at the same time...like love, like loneliness, like longing. I'm lucky some days just to put one foot in front of the other. But, my Father only gives us one day at a time. And this one is over.

How amazing to still be able to say He has never failed..not yesterday, not today, and He won't fail tomorrow. HE will always satisfy, if only I will seek Him and let the rest fall into place.

Sleep peacefully tonight, you "redeemed of the Lord". If you are longing and hungry like me, remember that the God of Psalm 107 is YOUR God. "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting." (1) "He changes a wilderness into a pool of water and a dry land into springs of water; and there He makes the hungry to dwell..." (35-36)

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite quotes comes from Augustine of Hippo: "Because God has made us for Himself, our hearts are restless until they rest in Him."

    ReplyDelete